The Japanese Business Press reported on May 14 that a rice field more than 50 kilometers away from the
Fukushima nuclear plant has tested for high levels of deadly plutonium. A “certain food manufacturing company”
conducted the independent test that reported data different from data the Japanese government released,
according to a translation of the news article.
10% off any order over $55 at Case-mate & free shipping! Use code: cmsave10
The corporate media outside of Japan did not mention the test or the increased radiation affecting the staple
crop. Since the start of the disaster, the corporate media has parroted statements from TEPCO and the Japanese
government in its coverage of the worst nuclear catastrophe since Chernobyl.
In addition, the corporate media has all but ignored extremely high levels of nuclear radioactive contamination
recently detected in Japan. “The latest joint US and Japan survey shows extremely high levels of nuclear
radioactive contamination, with radiation levels higher than Chernobyl evacuation limits, now span over 800
kilometers in Japan,” writes Alexander Higgins.
Continue reading “Media silent about plutonium contamination of Japanese rice“.
- Ashana added 2 blog posts (community.humanityhealing.net)
- Fukushima Nuclear Facility, an act of international terror by Japan (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- Level 7 — Fukushima Vs Chernobyl — How Do They Really Compare? (businessinsider.com)
- Dr. Helen Caldicott: The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster in Perspective (justiceday.wordpress.com)
- The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster in Perspective by Dr. Helen Caldicott (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- 3 types of plutonium detected at Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi plant (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Busby: Fukushima Explosion Was Nuclear (mountainrepublic.net)
- Toxic Plutonium Seeps Out Japan Nuke Plant (time.com)
- Japanese Authorities Admit Deadly MOX Plutonium Reactor Is Leaking (mountainrepublic.net)
- Fukushima’s Leaked Plutonium: Not the Biggest Problem (ecocentric.blogs.time.com)
- Japan on “maximum alert” as plutonium found in soil near nuclear plant (telegraph.co.uk)
- Update on Radiation Monitoring Fukushima (29 March 2011, 16:30 UTC) (truebluenz.wordpress.com)
- Nuclear Containment Breaches and The Plutonium That Is Good For Your Health (buelahman.wordpress.com)
- Update on Plutonium Levels, Fukushima Nuclear Accident (28 March, 23:00 UTC) (truebluenz.wordpress.com)
- Q&A: Plutonium detected at Fukushima (guardian.co.uk)