Moscow in aggressive move to stop another “humanitarian intervention”
Russian warships have entered Syrian territorial waters in an aggressive move designed to prevent any NATO-led attack on the country under the guise of a “humanitarian intervention”.
“Russian warships are due to arrive at Syrian territorial waters, a Syrian news agency said on Thursday, indicating that the move represented a clear message to the West that Moscow would resist any foreign intervention in the country’s civil unrest,” reports Haaretz.
Russia has stepped up efforts to defend Syria in recent days, with Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov keen to frame the violence in the country as a civil war in defiance of claims by western powers that President Bashar al-Assad has overseen a bloody crackdown on innocent protesters.
As we saw prior to the attack on Libya, which was also framed as a “humanitarian intervention,” NATO powers are keen to demonize Assad’s government by characterizing attacks by his forces as atrocities while largely ignoring similar attacks by opposition forces, such as this week’s raid on a Syrian air force intelligence complex that killed or wounded 20 security police.
Of course, we heard similar rhetoric even as NATO-backed Al-Qaeda rebels were commandeerng fighter jets and firing rocket-propelled grenades in Libya, actions also undertaken by “innocent protesters,” we were told at the time.
As we have previously reported, despite overwhelming speculation that Iran will be the next target of a military assault, Syria is the likeliest target for the next salvo of NATO-backed regime change.
Continue reading article ‘Russian Warships Enter Syrian Waters To Prevent NATO Attack‘, at Global Freedom Technology Firm.
- Prison Planet.com ” Russian Warships Enter Syrian Waters To Prevent NATO Attack (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Syrian League relegation as opposition in Moscow – RT (rt.com)
- ‘Dialogue with Iran, caution on Syria,’ Moscow advises – RT (rt.com)
- ‘Russia maintains dialogue both with Assad and Syrian opposition’ (rt.com)
- Syrian leader, Bashar al-Assad, threatens to shower (non-NATO member) Israel with rockets” if NATO attacks Syria (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)