This news comes as U.S. fighter planes appear to be pulling back from the front lines, with NATO forces taking over.
Beyond training, it appears Egypt and the U.S. are already supplying Libyan rebels with weapons, even though U.S. officials have publicly refused to do so. The individual who spoke to Al Jazeera mentioned Katyusha rockets as weapon they were being trained to use.
Forbes Special Situation Survey. Join the Forbes family of sophisticated investors. Subscribe now and save $400 plus get 2 free gifts.
Check out the Al Jazeera report below:
youneek.com fan’s one-of-a-kind marketplace.
- US And Egyptian Special Forces May Be Covertly Training Libyan Rebels (businessinsider.com)
- Boots On The Ground (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Boots on the Ground? Special Forces must wear sneakers? Libyan rebels receive military training (ironmill.wordpress.com)
- There are Special Forces in Libya Training Rebels according to news sources (politicite.wordpress.com)
- Obama and Gates said no Boots on the ground. Multiple news sources says US Special Forces in Libya (imns.wordpress.com)
- REPORT: Mubarak Leaves Egypt On Plane To Germany (businessinsider.com)
- You: 13 Libyan rebels killed in NATO-led air strike (nation.com.pk)
- Libyan rebels ‘receiving covert training’ – Aljazeera.net (news.google.com)
- West keeping pressure on Gadhafi – Plain Dealer (news.google.com)
- Allies Face Risk of Stalemate as Libyan Rebels Protect Gains (businessweek.com)
- Routed from key towns, Libyan rebels seek to organize – MiamiHerald.com (news.google.com)