New White House plan follows Pentagon advisory targeting protests against Federal Reserve
A new strategy document released by the White House promises to “closely monitor…the Internet and social networking sites” in order to “counter online violent extremist propaganda” as the federal government attempts to embed itself further in local communities under the guise of preventing domestic extremism.
100% Guaranteed Approval Debit MasterCard
The document, Empowering Local Partners to Prevent Violent Extremism in the United States (PDF), focuses on identifying Americans who have supposedly been radicalized or groomed by Al-Qaeda to carry out attacks in the United States.
As the L.A. Times notes , the plan involves “federal departments not usually associated with national security,” and is heavily focused around increasing the federal government’s involvement with schools and the “emotional and behavioral development” of young people.
ESET Smart Security. Get award-winning virus protection with antispam and personal firewall.
The document defines extremist propaganda as that which is used to “feed on grievances” and “assign blame.” The government vows to “aggressively” combat such ideology by “continuing to closely monitor the important role the internet and social networking sites play in advancing violent extremist narratives.”
In targeting the Internet and social networking websites for surveillance in the name of fighting domestic terrorism, the White House is continuing in the vein of the previous administration who in 2006 revealed that since 9/11 they had been pursuing a plan to diminish the role of “conspiracy theories” as a primary recruitment tool for terrorists.
The document arrives in the same week that the Pentagon also announced it would be hiring individuals to “detect and track popular ideas on social networks”.
Reach your customers in just a few Clicks – Express Email Marketing® from GoDaddy.com
Continue reading ‘Government to Monitor Social Networks For “Extremist Propaganda”’ at Global Freedom Technology Firm.
- WH & Pentagon Coming for You ! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- White House To Monitor Social Networks For “Extremist Propaganda”… (via The Last Refuge) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Government to Monitor Social Networks For “Extremist Propaganda” (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Did you know? Your Facebook Now Monitored by Feds (dewgeneral.wordpress.com)
- White House: Need to monitor online ‘extremism’ (news.cnet.com)
- Pentagon to monitor social networking sites for threats (guardian.co.uk)
- Bits: Pentagon Seeks a Few Good Social Networkers (bits.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Extremists flocking to Facebook for recruits (dokmz.wordpress.com)