Tampa, Florida –Meet Joel Chandler, who just paid his $1.00 toll on the Polk Parkway with a $100 bill, he is not allowed to leave unless he provides personal info to the toll taker. The toll taker tells Chandler this is what happens when they get large bills. She says this is what they have to do.
Chandler says to the toll taker, “So I’m being detained?” She says yes sir.
It is a policy the Florida Turnpike authority instituted for people who paid with $20, $50 or $100 bills. After it happened once, Chandler kept testing the system and taped his encounters as he went through the toll booths.
One time a toll taker told him, she wouldn’t give him his change unless he gave her the information. Read full article
- Motorists Illegally Detained at Florida Tolls – For Using Large Bills! (censorshipinamerica.com)
- N.J. toll booth collectors, N.J. Turnpike Authority accuse each other of misleading info amid privatization proposal (nj.com)
- Toll Roads That Won’t Take Cash (lewrockwell.com)
- Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise Grinches Wanted Undecorated Toll Booths for Christmas! (socyberty.com)
- N.J. Turnpike toll collectors protest privatization plan (nj.com)
- Aim High – Become A MA Toll Taker (popnology.com)
- Golden Gate Bridge to eliminate toll takers – go 100% electronic (gadling.com)
- NJ Union Caught Interfering With Turnpike Bidding Process Gets Shown the Exit (redstate.com)
- Numo is just that: Yet Another Brill Decision by the GG Board of Directors: Golden Gate Bridge to eliminate human toll-takers – Sacramento News – Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (sacbee.com)
- Employees protest plans to privatize N.J. Turnpike, Garden State Parkway jobs in Woodbridge (nj.com)